IPL Intense Pulsed Light, is a medical grade, non-invasive light based device designed to combat age spots, freckles, skin redness, tiny veins and sun damage. IPL Intense Pulsed Light is sometimes called a "Photofacial". Our IPL can be life changing for men and women who have skin imperfections that just wont seem to go away with topical treatments. This light based treatment can help remove sun spots, malasma, rosacia redness, spider veins and much more. It is great for sun damage on the face, neck, and decollete.
Intense Pulsed Light is often used to help with acne that has been slow to heal. Because the light is not deeply penetrating like some lasers, there is no downtime to a treatment. You can return to your daily schedule right after treatment.
- Helps remove solar lentigines and skin pigmentation
- Improve skin tone
- Restore youthful glow to your face
- Helps reduce vascular lesion
- Minimal to no downtime
- U.S. FDA clearance for a variety of indications including benign pigmented lesions and vascular lesions
Our IPL Facial is ideal for any part of your face, neck and décolleté with skin redness, telangiectasia (tiny veins) or brown spots. Light (low contrast) brown spots, which were previously difficult to resolve, respond very well to this treatment. We recommend a number of treatments - generally 2 to 3 sessions (minimum) - for good pigmentation reduction results. The number of treatments for freckles, uneven skin tones, sun damage and wrinkles or redness may be adjusted according to the patients needs.
What Should You Expect After An IPL Intense Pulsed Light Treatment?
Right after your IPL treatment, you will notice the treated areas will be slightly pink or maybe even red and swollen. This is not unusual and just your skin reacting to the work of the laser. These effects should start to dissipate after 24 hours. It's not uncommon to notice that discoloration and sun spots begin to turn darker or more noticeable. You may also notice that previously unseen blemishes become noticeable on the surface. Truthfully, this is a good sign! This is one of the most visible ways we know the treatment is "doing it's thing". You will gradually see these spots flake off as the skin begins to heal from the inside out.
Take care of your skin after you have an IPL Intense Pulsed Light session:
- Wear sunscreen daily with at least 30 SPF
- Keep your skin moisturized at all times
- Use a gentle cleanser with warm water at least twice a day
- Do not pick or scratch at the skin — blemishes that surface will naturally flake away
- Don't wear makeup for at least 12 – 24 hours after treatment
- No strenuous exercise for 48 hours, as overheating the skin can affect the results
- No hot baths, hot showers, or hot tubs for 48 hours — warm showers are fine
Call us today to arrange your IPL session. Our lead Laser Technician, Kaci Miller, can help you choose the right laser procedure and get you on the schedule.